Embracing the Balm of Creativity
2nd - 3rd May 2020
“The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time.” Mary Oliver
During this global pause there is something emerging through us: without the usual distractions which come with Western living we can feel the stirrings of the desire to create.
Yet at the same time we are collectively and individually occupying unchartered territory right now as every day we are having to deal with situations, emotions and thoughts which we have never had to face before, such as:
How can creativity help us with all of this?
“Creativity is a revolutionary action. It’s about using human energy to shape things into form, to revision the world.” Sharon Blackie
The Space to Emerge online retreat
This Space to Emerge online retreat has been born out of a regular woodland micro-festival we hold in the bluebell woods on the banks of Lake Windermere in Cumbria.
We aren’t able to be there this year and so we have decided to bring the essence of what that weekend is about online.
Come and join us to:
This is a blend of community time, down time, nature time and creativity time. Even if you feel you aren’t creative come along, you almost certainly will surprise yourself.
“I believe that magic is art, and that art, whether that be music, writing, sculpture, or any other form, is literally magic. Alan Moore
Why learn from us?
Between us, Jason and Nicola, we have trodden this path for many decades and have at times denied our creative potential, worked through numerous blocks and have first-hand experience of the difference unleashing our creativity can have on our lives.
We have moved from being in stagnant and unfulfilling work, to fully embracing our creativity and discovering the true depths of ourselves and the joy that this can bring us.
Specifically, during this lock down period, we have moved through any creative blocks which have arisen to a place where our creativity feeds and nurtures us in unimaginable ways. Our creative ventures are proving to provide a much-needed focus away from simply just coping and enduring the lockdown, to thriving in it despite the uncertainties in our world and the anxiety that this brings with it.
Because of this we are excited and passionate about working with others to master their own creative potential during these unprecedented times.
We are delighted to be able to bring to you this unique experience direct from our home to yours.
Working with the crafts of our ancient ancestors that are thousands of years old, we will link into a time when creativity was not only celebrated, it was recognised as a key to survival.
What participants are saying about our recent online events:
"it has fed my soul..."
“You have pitched all the circles and get-togethers in precisely the way that I can respond, follow, absorb and it has fed my soul as well as encouraging me on my journeying.”
Hils // Online Attendee
"Your teachings have helped me greatly"
“Your teachings have helped me greatly, with creativity and having something REAL to focus on.”
Ty // Online Attendee
"You provide a lovely, gentle, safe space..."
“You provide a lovely gentle safe space for me to receive, to help top me up, I appreciate the connection with like minds, the inspiration, the chance to learn more, to share.”
Emma // Online Attendee
"Your online courses get me to think, feel and be in touch"
“Your online courses get me to think, feel and be in touch with other ways. Other ways being poetry: using the words to feel the depth of my own emotions, and creating curiosity and confidence to try something new, something different.”
Joanne // Online Attendee
What will the retreat involve?
This is an online retreat running over two days from Saturday morning to Sunday evening
- 1The focus of the weekend will be around emergence and creativity.
- 2On the Saturday and Sunday there will be around two and a half hours of time. together in the morning setting ourselves up for the day, plenty of space in the afternoon to drop into nature time and allow your creativity to flow through, and then a gathering each evening together.
- 3We will begin each morning with a dawn chorus meditation, drifting off together into the spring woodlands to listen to the birds call up the rising sun.
- 4Following the dawn chorus, we will flex our creativity through a simple morning practice of reading poetry and allowing our collective words to flow through some creative writing and sharing.
- 5After a morning tea break on Saturday we will present the focus of the day through a 1-hour talk. The topic will be expressing our creative self through the medium of writing, drawing or photography.
- 6During the morning we will also guide you on a shamanic journey to connect with your muse.
- 7On Saturday afternoon you will then have plenty of space to tune in with nature, either in your back yard or garden, or out on a walk to put into practice some of the concepts we have shared.
- 8Then if you you would like to join us for a Pop-Up Talk on Saturday afternoon we will be holding a session on working with Animal Spirit Guides to help with your creativity.
- 9On Saturday evening there will be the opportunity to gather in circle in our living room together for a live campfire gig, with music, singing, poetry and storytelling.
- 10On Sunday morning, following the dawn chorus and creativity writing morning practice we will present the theme of the day which will be drawing insights through the process of a shamanic medicine walk. We will give a talk on this topic and set you up for going on your own shamanic medicine walk that afternoon, whether that be in your garden or out in the town or countryside where you live.
- 11Later, on Sunday afternoon we will hold another Pop-Up Talk, this time on how we can help our creativity by connecting with the medicine held by trees.
- 12On Sunday evening we will gather again in a circle in our living room for our final sharing of the weekend, along with a mini open mic night for anyone who would like to share something with the group and a healing drum bath. We will close with a special Beltane ceremony to set our ongoing creative intentions.
Join us and unlock your true potential through your creativity.
Experience a regular creative practice that will lead to a more expansive life, a deeper connection with your true self and a real sense of achievement.
Yes, it will mean investing a little of your time and money and take your away from your everyday responsibilities. It may even feel overindulgent and raise a conflict inside you about whether you can justify giving yourself this space and investment.
But in this great global pause there is no time like the present to reach out and get a little help to give you what you most need.
Once you engage in your creativity, the momentum will drive you forward to find a new way of coping right now and ultimately lead to making changes in your life beyond the pandemic outbreak.
Maybe you are thinking that you don’t need more creativity in your life. But creativity is the key to finding freedom.
Our ancestors recognised the benefit, and they were brilliant at surviving. If they weren’t, we wouldn’t be here now. Their creative endeavours hold a jaw dropping beauty and they held time spent on creativity in the highest regard.
There are so many benefits to joining us.
Here are our top 5.
Something happens deep within us when we are in nature. When we still ourselves amongst beauty we can hear ourselves more clearly. We come home. During this weekend we will drop into nature time together and demonstrate that it is possible to do this without even leaving home.
Seeking answers from the Otherworlds
The ancient techniques of shamanic journeying and deep nature connection have been used by humanity for tens of thousands of years. They are incredible, easy ways to access deep universal wisdom. Why leave it to your limited conscious mind to come up with all the answers!
A Regular Practice
Experience a regular creative practice that will lead you to a more spacious life, a deep connection to your true self, and a real sense of achievement.
Being in Community
Share soulful time with like-minded travellers who, like you, are seeking ways to become more expansive in a different world.
Without a clear intention we don’t know where we will be heading, so by deciding this and putting it out there in ceremony, we give ourselves the best chance of realising our dreams.
Book Your Place Now
Be a part of something special this coming Beltane weekend
Full Price: £19
Mystery School Premium Members: 50% discount
Space to Emerge 2021 ticket holders: Free
The price includes the following:
- Two dawn chorus meditations
- Two morning practice creativity sessions
- A talk on expressing your creative self through the medium of writing, drawing or photography
- Experience the ancient practice of a shamanic medicine walk
- A session working with animal spirit medicine and creativity
- A session working with tree spirit medicine and creativity
- Plenty of space to reflect, gain inspiration and guidance and create
- Two evening gatherings in circle to share
- A healing drum bath
- A Beltane Ceremony to set your creative intention
We strongly recommend booking sooner rather than later as there are limited places available.
Is the Space to Emerge online retreat right for you?
If any of these intentions fit with you, we believe you are ready for this experience:
I want to carve out some me time
I feel I have lost touch with my creativity
I would like to focus on something beyond just coping
I would like to explore different ways to manage my anxiety
I am seeking ways to stay grounded, centred and nourished
I would like some soulful contact with likeminded people
I am looking for more out of life, both now and beyond lockdown
I am looking for a sense of purpose during this lockdown period
I don't always feel inspired or motivated
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can't make all the sessions?
We will be recording all of the live sessions and so if you miss any you will have the replay.
We have also designed the retreat so that you can bob in and out should you be called away for any reason and still get benefit from the weekend.
Will it be recorded?
Yes, this will be recorded, and you will have ongoing access to the replays.
Is it even possible to have an online retreat at home?
We are pretty sure it is! Although this is the first time we have tried it, we have run retreats out to the national parks of the northwest of England for many years and numerous online courses as well.
This is a case of combining the two together and we have felt our way into this and given it a lot of thought.
Our belief is that with the combination of enough space for refection and enough guidance through gentle connections online we can come together as a meeting of minds in this way online and immerse into our creative selves over the weekend.
And Beltane is the perfect time to give this a go!
Do I need any Shamanic experience?
This online retreat is ideal for folk of all levels of shamanic experience.
Whether you are new to shamanism or already have a regular spiritual practice you will find the retreat to be an interesting, thought provoking and hopefully life-changing experience.
What if I can't get outdoors?
We have designed this so that you have each afternoon free to spend outdoors and we will set you the focus for this time.
If you aren’t able to go away from your home, you can carry out the activities in your garden or back yard.
If you live in a flat and aren’t able to go outside, we have a workaround for you too so you can drop into nature time whilst still being indoors.
What are the timings for each day?
- Friday, 7pm: Beltane celebration and shamanic journey
- Saturday, 9.30am: Dawn chorus meditation and poetry morning practice, 11am: Creativity talk, 3:30pm: Pop-Up Talk on animal spirit medicine and creativity, 7pm: Campfire gathering with live music, poetry and storytelling.
- Sunday, 9.30am: Dawn chorus meditation and poetry morning practice, 11.15am: Medicine Walk talk, 3:30pm: Pop-Up Talk on tree spirit medicine and creativity, 7pm: Sharing circle, drum bath and intention setting ceremony.
There are limited spaces on this online retreat and we expect it will be popular so we advise booking soon to avoid being disappointed.
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
© 2020, The Way of The Buzzard